Saturday 26 April 2014

The day is done for sleepy ones

Here I am bank holiday Monday in Vyrnwy.  I love Vyrnwy.  If you've ever been here you'll know why. I wrote about the history of the lake and my fascination with it here


It was a beautiful sunny day.  My Little Miss had spent the weekend in her grandparent's holiday caravan nearby and me, the Mister and Master L travelled up on Sunday to spend the night in the Vyrnwy Hotel and join up with them the following day.  I didn't get any photographs but I wish I had.  The hotel was beautiful and the views spectacular.  Didn't get to enjoy it quite to the full though.  Had about an hour's sleep.  Hence the sunglasses.  Just after these photos were taken I collapsed into the Mister's arms sobbing uncontrollably, so they also came in handy for the red eyes.  Needless to say I don't deal with tiredness very well.  Does anybody?  Seriously?



The aqueduct 


I'm a girl of simple pleasures.  I love to be surrounded by beauty and people I love, but I also long for solitude.  Being left in my own company.  Perhaps to read.  I consider myself a female Bernard Black but with different vices.  Switch the smoking and drinking for sleeping and eating and that's pretty much me.   I also get a bit angsty when my routine is disturbed.  What can I say, this childrearing lark has it's perils for someone like me.

As for Master L.  He's a heartbreaker.  He'll learn to love sleep as much as his mama and big sister do  eventually.  For the time being I'll settle for the coos and gurgles and the smiles he has at the ready for us.  Also for the soporific hour he and I spent in bed listening to this artist




xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! I`ve been there, so I can relate. Thinks will get better. I cried many times because of lack of sleep too and because I missed having time for myself. Like you said soon your gorgeous little baby will be sleeping a lot more and you will be able to enjoy doing the little things that you so miss. I now have the terrible teens to deal with and I do cry every so often too! :) And by the way, you are very pretty! Hugs, Debbie Moss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Lucy. I don't cope very well with tiredness either so I'm sure I'd be the same if I ever have children, I hope Master L starts to sleep a bit more for you soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, Lucy, Vrnwy looks beautiful and so do you.
    I completely understand about the effects of lack of sleep and time for yourself, I found both of those things very difficult to deal with too. My mantra of parenting; it's just a stage, it's just a stage, and it will pass. True, but hard to hold on to in the throes of an exhausted sleep/time-deprived meltdown!
    Richard Hawley is an excellent choice for soothing, quiet times; next time I bump into him in the park walking his dog, I'll tell him (not in a random stalkerish kind of way; I do know him, I used to work with his missis!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks lovely! I'm not surprised you felt like crying! I couldn't cope with that, honestly! I get dreadful headaches when I don't get enough sleep so sending you many hugs!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, hang in there Lucy I'm not surprised the tears flowed you must be so tired (but it doesn't show). You're giving me a taste of what's to come in my world (times two!), do hope it gets easier for you soon and your heartbreaker develops a better sleep pattern, these first few months seem to be the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your hair!! Im follow your blog know :)
    Plase check out mine
    http://ylieby.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sleep deprived too!!!! 17 week old Sweet Child has croup and I have had three hours sleep. You look lush, and where on earth has your baby bump gone!!?!? email me the answer x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sleep deprived you are looking gorgeous girl and the city looks incredible! Sleep deprivation and lack of eating are a not so nice combination, my husband wants to get me a t shirt that says I'm sorry I got angry I was hungry. Solitude is a must for me too, it's when I have some of my best conversations:)

    Thanks for you kind comments about my Dad hon, I really appreciate each and everyone of them.
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an enchanting spot! Your photos are always so charming and for being sleep deprived, you still look like a million bucks :-). How lovely to have some time to yourselves. And your outfit is perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi gorgeous, You have a lovely blog with interesting posts, I am now following you via GFC, keep in touch :)x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember those sleep deprived days Lucy, and bursting into tears from pure tiredness, though you look a million times better than I ever managed in those circumstances. I know what you mean about needing your solitude too, I often wonder how someone who needs as much alone time as I do ended up surrounding herself with such a big family. Vyrnwy looks absolutely beautiful, a place I would love to see one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely photos, love your blog!x

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. For a new Mum you look amazing and I just love your photos! Tiredness is a real bummer but it will pass I promise. Cherish this time because before you know it, you'll have blinked, and it will have passed (in a blur of sleep deprivation!) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet post, you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ah, thank you for commenting. You've made my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...