Thursday 6 March 2014

Your colours wrapped around

When we first found out we were expecting a boy back at the 20 week scan, my mantra instantly became 'absolutely no blue'.  I will not be gender specific with this child.  I am going to dress him in all white or all the colours of the rainbow or a bit of both - but nothing inbetween.  Under no circumstances do I want pale blue anything.  I know, I blame those crazy pregnancy hormones, they have turned me into a fully fledged crank.  Anyhoo, I set about collecting all the rainbow coloured paraphernalia for the nursery I could find.

When I say nursery, what I mean is box room.  A very small space in our 3 bedroomed terrace in which it is practically impossible to obtain decent photographs.  Nevertheless, I've tried to capture some of the best bits to display here like a magnificent peacock plumage


This 3ft wall sticker just makes me happy 



Discontinued Ikea nursery curtains


Made to order orange polka dot shade


Hand painted wooden coat hooks



I am currently going nuts for rainbow crochet anything.  More more more!


A few essentials


Big sister's addition to the artwork.  She's obsessed with rainbows and unicorns at the moment.  Don't know where she gets that from.

Virtually everything from the above pics I found really reasonably on Ebay.  I really don't know how I ever managed without that site in my life.

Then I was fortunate enough to receive this fabulous retro alphabet picture from DotComGiftShop


Isn't it wonderful?  I had recently discovered DotComGiftShop and had made several purchases for my boudoir (check out those flamingo lights) and toy storage for the Little Miss, before they approached me and informed me this site had been featured on their blog and offered to send me an item to review.  I jumped at the chance to own this retro lovely as I already had my beady eye on it.  I think it completes the nursery perfectly.  Having already been a satisfied paying customer I was flattered to be approached and am more than happy to recommend their site, their range of pretty retro inspired gifts and the customer service.

So, that was the 'nursery'

Hopefully next time I blog I will have a new baby, something resembling a waist and a fridge full of blue cheese and pate, come on!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes, make the most of having the power to choose what the little boy wears before he starts having an opinion! Plenty of bright colours are fabulous, and your choices for the nursery are lovely. Best of all is Big Sister's art work!
    Once again - good luck, Lucy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a room like that he's going to be one groovy baby! I love that alphabet poster, I remember having an alphabet rug from Oxfam in my room as a baby and loved it to bit. Big sister's artwork's a triumph!
    Can't wait to see you with babe in arms and a huge glass of vino in the other! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the rainbow cot mattress is sublime!!!! What a lucky baby!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same attitude when dressing my boys, in fact I don't think #1 Son had anything in pale blue until he was 17! Rainbow all the way! I love all the details you've snapped here, what a beautiful cot cover and the dotty lampshade is divine! Alphabet poster for the win!! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Lucy I adore the rainbow nursery! That kid is gonna come out happy. I think big sis's addition is so sweet. I think your rainbow idea for a kids room is the first I've seen and it's fab! Good luck with a sweet smooth and quick delivery:)
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely room! Hope it all goes well with the delivery x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet all the little additions are, I love it. The ABC picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lush rainbow nursery!!!! a waist???? 11 weeks post birth, I still look pregnant. share your secret if you shrink!LL!
    all the best, very exciting tines. x x

    ReplyDelete

Ah, thank you for commenting. You've made my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...