Sunday 29 April 2012

Pretty & Thrifted

I've been on something of a thrifting roll lately.  In fact I've been on a bit of a spending role full stop.  I've been asked really kindly and tactfully by Mr N if I could try and reign back my spending as, you know, there are a few big expenditures coming up etc etc.  "Of course baby".   And I reeeeally did try!  Anyhoo, after 'stay and play' on Thursday I had to pop to the local shops to pick up a single item from a single shop, you know how it is.  Obviously, I'd barely stepped out of the school gates before I had reasoned to myself that I might as well pop into a few charity shops on my way back, seeing as they are en route.   Hey, why risk breaking a good run?

I'm sure Mr N will understand why I had to do what I did when he sees what beauties I found:-


Pretty candy coloured bead necklaces



More plates.  I know, I know, but aren't they just the cutest?


Magic Roundabout Annual 1993.  Even though it is quite modern, the illustrations are so colourful and retro.



Vintage Enid Blytons.

Lady at charity shop to me   "Oh aren't these in lovely condition, are they for your little girl?

Me  "Um, yeh" (I suppose she can read them if she's very very good!)

Off to share with Sophie Isobel 

Happy Sunday 

Lucy x

9 comments:

  1. He He! Glad to see I'm not the only one that loves Magic Roundabout (see my blog banner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plates ... and the books ... and the beads! Great finds.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will have to forgive you seeing you bought such beautiful fun items. Love the candy coloured necklaces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I've only read the Secret Seven one, not the others!!! I had a similar thing yesterday where I bought a lovely fairy tale treasury in the charity shop. The lady said, That's lovely for a little girl. I ummmmed (it's for meeeee to read!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh great finds i used to love the secret 7 when i was younger and i had them all ;-) Those plates are so pretty and so are the necklaces. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the plate and the necklaces but the scarecrow scared me, I love those Enid Blyton collections... check out this weird cover on the one my boyfriend bought...
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/215525_10150561332150154_707845153_18679991_2617699_n.jpg
    if it works... if not, find me on facebook! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I have that one too. I've had it since I was a kid. I didn't think it was weird though - quite sweet really! xx

      Delete
  7. I used to love Enid Blyton when I was a kid. I seem to be having some wierd flashbacks after reading some of your posts. Which is the book where they went off in a magic chair? Or have I just imagined this?! Please put my mind at rest lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, glad to know I have hit some memory buttons. Isn't it great when that happens. I think you may be thinking of The Wishing Chair http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wishing_Chair_%28series%29 ?? x

      Delete

Ah, thank you for commenting. You've made my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...